Tuesday 13 November 2012

I am the man from the council


I AM THE MAN FROM THE COUNCIL

I am the man from the council
I dig up all the roads
I close your car parks in the town
And lay out miles of cones

I live outside the city
Of that I make no bones
I build up smart apartment blocks
But never family homes

I cut out lots of jobs that waste
 I do it it’s a trend
I even start up new ones
that must include my friends

I put up all your council tax
Now that I can defend
When you can’t afford to pay it
You’ll see my hefty friends

 The buses are all late today
Because we’ve bumpy roads
Pot holes, gasworks tons of clay
Turned into one way roads

We close up all the local schools
And run them privately
My wife has shares in all of them
And even me you see

Is this just like your city?
If not I’ll come and see
I’ll speak to your head leader
Have you a job for me?

No more waste and jobs galore
Of that I’ll see for thee
I want a smart new office
and assistants two or three

If you don’t like what I do for you
I could not give a damn
You can never touch me
 I am the Council Man……..


Kevin Humphreys  April 26th 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment