Saturday 10 November 2012

Pan Am Pam



Pan Am Pam

My name is Pam with a nice pretty Mom
All through my youth at language I shone
 I passed all my grades and shouted out loud
I did it for Mom I knew she was proud

A vacancy came up for a queen of the skies
At Pan Am school they said it's my eyes
You'll charm all the cabin with beautiful smiles
Travel the world and cover some miles

At the inspection we jumped on the scale
My girdle is killing and making me pale
Salad for dinner to make the fine weights
A uniform fitting the same as my mates

My first flight was tricky out of the States
 Young men and old men where asking for dates
 Passengers ask me how long till we land
A child gets so scared I hold her young hand

Off to Paris perfumes galore
A few handsome French men knocked at my door
One stayed till breakfast clothes on the floor
This jet setting lifestyle give me some more


2.
Telling my Mom I'm early to bed
Flights to hot beaches my skin it turns red
Soon I am brown and talk to the crew
A handsome young captain I serve him a brew

A man in each city one is called Harry
I just can't decide he's asked me to marry
I don't need his offer as life is a ball
I have lots of boyfriends at my beck and call


We push through the sky then land with a roar
The smiles all appear when you open the door
The aircraft is empty you check under seats
For purses and handbags left by the feet

We swap all the gossip and tell all the tales
The next flight it beckons it's back on the scales
The old hand tells us our weight is the same
The company rules now don't ever wane
                                                                                                                                                                         
The designer fit uniforms the best in the air
The same make up colours no streaks in the hair
Now come on you air queens give us a twirl
Go out and show them you are a pearl

3.
The food on the flights nothing compares
Made by a French Chef you lay out the wares
We set out the plates with ultimate care
Mouth watering cuisine the sixties fine fare

The rest is familiar you've heard it before
Too many people when we closed the door
The new 747 took off with a roar
The days of the jet set were over for sure

Men at the top with more money than sense
Tried to expand and hang the expense
We lost all our money on half filled planes
The cheaper airlines they weren't to blame

My last flight to Paris I bought Mom a dress
Some perfume and handbags and shoes to impress
I chatted for hours about life in the air
I made her comfy and styled her old hair

I'm Pan Am Pam and work on the ground
I've seen the whole world and I've been around
I train the new staff for a firm in the west
I flew in those days when life was the best

Kevin Humphreys  19th November 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment